weekend recappage

lets start 
with
 friday 
not a fridaycation 
but 
the pope was coming down to the september 11 memorial plaza and museum
literally
 behind/beneath 
my office
 i was going to stay home

 an email about a missing fedex package 
on thursday evening
 changed my mind 

went in to 'put out the fire' 
which i did
 in
 under 
30min
 dont even ask 
such a stupid situation

 anyway
 i was there
 i got caught up in the excitement
 looking out the window
 with co-workers 
taking photos with my big camera
 with the big lens 

alas 
the windows 
with
 the best views
 have 
not
ever
 been
 washed

this photo
would be a lot better 
though
 a clean window


thats 
pope francis
cardinal dolan
 and
overlooking them
is one of nypd's finest counter-terrorism snipers 
keeping an eye on things 
he was just one of many posted on roof tops around the memorial plaza 

après the pope visit
 i headed up town
 for 
my 4:30-5:00 pm appointment 'window' 
at apple


to
pick up
 my new iphone 6s 

steven 
helped me through the process
thanks to him 
it was easy peasy

i took his photo with my iPad
my new iphone was still in its box
my old one was being recycled

when i got home
 i took
 this
to test
the new12 mega pixel camera


taken without flash
no additional light
its pretty sweet camera

saturday 
after 
my hair appointment
i joined 
my husband 
up on the roof

andrew johns
you may recall andrew as toonman's acting partner
is also an artist
he created/painted
these murals





they adorn the elevator housing 
and
the walls of the roof top entrance

for a long time 
we lived on the top floor
 just a staircase away from a lovely
roof garden 
it was like another room for us

then we moved downstairs
our friends who own the building 
built a weekend house 
the gardens there took up their time
 the rooftop garden languished

not too long ago 
our friends sold the weekend place
the rooftop gardens once again flourished
this summer 
andrew worked several hours a day on the murals
they're done now
just in time 
for
me 
 to share 
his work with you

sunday
was my regular mani/pedi at polished
then i met my sister
at ag kitchen on columbus for brunch
toonman spends his weekends 
immersed in football
and you
what did you do?