another monday


this time
 its a 
sort of full week
 I do have
 Fridaycation
 to look forward to
 and
 a dinner
 with good friends 

weather
 is supposed 
to be less oppressive
 this week
 tho
 the weekend
 is shaping up
 to be
 heat wave #4 

did you know 
that on this date
 in 1936 
NYC 
set a record high temperature
 of 
106
 I do believe
 that was well 
before 
air conditioning

 so if you felt a little like this 



this past week 
you know
 how
 those people
 felt 
back in 
1936

We
 took
 a walk in the park
 late yesterday afternoon
 I
 did 
not
 take 
my 
camera
 I decided
 we should just walk
 walk
 we did 
but 
soon
 I had my iPhone out
snapping 
Instagrams and Hipstamatics 
amazingly good WiFi in the park
Toonman looked at me and said
No camera, huh?

its often good to let him have the last word
except to say
thank you for coming along